Re-Inventing the Daguerreotype for the 21st Century
...USPTO utility patent for an new Mercury Vapor Apparatus that solves the challenges with mercury and more!
- uses 99.99% less mercury than inverted pyramid designs
- easily transportable with no risk of mercury spills
- no darkroom necessary - develop daguerreotypes in the camera holder
- built-in heating system works on North American or UK/Europe voltage simply by switching the power cable
- PID digital readout of process temperature in °F or °C
- custom configurations possible
At left is a 3D-CAD rendering of the apparatus designed for use with a standard 4 x 5 film holder
A feasibility study is currently underway for on-demand production using CNC milling and 3D printing technologies allowing for custom sizes and plate formats.
Please contact me to learn more about purchasing a new Century Darkroom Mercury Vapour Apparatus